Saturday, June 12, 2004

Reply to REAL Campaigning

I received this - as a Reply to a message I send out to 5 NEW people each day.
==================
Your reply was WHAT I CALL A REAL REPLY.
THANKS.
==================
The country buried a great American today. God rest his soul.
==================
I agree.
We watched the burial on the West Coast on CSpan.

Just wanted to SEE what was happening.

I SAW the Marine - with NO hands - salute the casket in the rotunda - as it happened.
==================
You're going to send it every day? There's only 143 days, 17 hours and 45 minutes until the election.
==================
Yes, didn't realize how much time was left.
Thanks.
==================
According to Allwords.com the definition of campaign (noun) is as follows:
1. An organized series of actions intended to gain support for or build up opposition to a particular practice, group, etc.
2. The operations of an army while fighting in a particular area or to achieve a particular goal or objective.

I have statistics to back this up, but I believe that people who follow politics with any regularity typically vote along party lines in the November elections. They made their candidate choices during the primaries. Local races for Sheriff, County Collector, etc. are different, of course. The people that must be persuaded or convinced to vote for our candidate are the non-voter. They don't give any thought to government or politics because they don't have the time or energy. They don't think their vote matters.
==================
I guess I believer
you vote ONLY matters
IF YOU DON'T USE IT.

During the CA Recall election there were 30% MORE votes in the RECALL
than in the General Election.

I think ONLY those that voted in the General
should have been allowed to vote in the Recall.

If a Person DOESN'T vote
they have NO right to bitch about policies
that are put into effect after the election.

I think I will make a Bumper Sticker
for my walker (joke)
I VOTED - I EARNED THE RIGHT TO BITCH.
DID YOU????

What do you think?
==================
And you can't just tell them to look at the 2000 Presidential election. Okay, so 1 election out of 43 was close. Big deal. They need to be convinced to get involved. The more people that are involved, really involved, the more the elected officials in Washington, or Carson City, or Jefferson City, are going to listen. Remember your high school dance, when only a few couples were dancing?
What was the point of having a dance anyway, if no one participated?
People showed up, but they don't want to get involved. I remember the high school dance scene from "It's a Wonderful Life." Everyone was dancing. Then the floor opened and everyone jumped in the pool. If only a few people are involved in the election process, than what's the point? Considering the alternative, communism or a dictatorship, then I'd say the point is straightforward: life, liberty and the American way. I think Toby Keith said "Freedom ain't free."
Even if they just get involved locally.
I know there are some good people out there that have great ideas for running schools, parks, businesses, mass transit, whatever, but they sit on the sidelines because they think nobody listens.

I don't even care if they support the other guy. Partisanship is good. Debate is good. Disagreement is good. It keeps creativity and fresh ideas flowing.
==================
That is why I started this Blogger.
To give people an opportunity to Speak Out.
==================
You're right about the money, to some extent. It does buy a lot of influence. Only the strong survive and all that. But consider this. I don't know if you watch the show "Survivor", but the weakest players always gang up on the strongest person, and kick them off. I'd rather have 100 weak players than 1 strong one. Or, I rather have the support of a thousand people with $1, than the support of one guy with $1,000. In the latter case, who's in charge?
==================
AGREE!!!!
It is like the Lottery.
I’d rather see 100 people win $1 million
than 1 person will $100 million.
==================
Let's do what's right for the USA. Russia, the Ukraine, et al were once part of the former Soviet Union. We cannot ever refer to this country as the former United States of America.

Share this story with some friends who disagree with the tax cuts.
Five friends were hanging out when they decided to get a pizza. Four of the five only had 25 cents each, but the fifth guy, the rich one, had $10. So they all agreed to pool their money, $11.00. When the delivery guy showed up with the pizza, hand-tossed with pepperoni, mushrooms and extra cheese, the total was only $10.50, including the tip. Does the change get split evenly between the five, with each getting a dime?

I support your efforts 100%. I hope that others will follow. Keep up the fight.

No comments: